Bus Updates

Our bus captains will give you the latest info on the Winter Bus, where we are going, and/or snow/weather conditions.

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >> 
  • 25 Jan 2020 10:25 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    We will be changing our area of ski/snowshoe and will be going back to the Gibson area where we were the week before.  The snow is currently "soft" with temperatures around the freezing point.  There could also be a bit of surface ponding of water with not enough time or low enough temps to freeze enough, so some waterways could be slushy.  The change to the Gibson gives us more options both on land and less hillier terrain if waterways tend to be wet, as well as being a bit further north.  It is currently snowing, albeit a wet snow, and is expected to accumulate overnight 5-10 centimetres.

  • 21 Jan 2020 8:30 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    We had fantastic conditions on Sunday, the 19th, and look for more of the same on the 26th.  Check out the Photos of January 19th.  A good base with a 1 to 1 1/2 feet on top.  Marshes, ponds and swamps were solid, however, you still needed to take care where there was current or running water, with some areas still not yet frozen.

    We will be travelling to the McCrae/McDonald Link areas.

  • 17 Jan 2020 10:55 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    More snow has fallen on our trails last night, with more expected by Sunday. This is great news for our ski and snowshoeing conditions!  Despite the continuing cold temperatures,it is advised to continue to be cautious around waterways especially where there is moving water. We will be headed to the ball diamond area. Looking forward to Sunday's bus!"



  • 10 Jan 2020 9:31 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    SUNDAY, JANUARY 12, 2020 -  BUS CANCELLED

    Due to the timing and the uncertain weather conditions travelling to/from our trails as well as any unforeseen road closures/accidents that may occur, the Club has felt it best for the safety of all to cancel the bus for this Sunday.

    A credit will be put back into your account, and the next time you book the bus, select Invoice Me.  If there are monies still owing by the end of the bus season, it will get refunded back to you before the end of April.  If you have any questions about this, please e-mail the website and we'll direct your enquiry to the right person.


  • 04 Jan 2020 6:00 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    The first bus of the season is set to go on Sunday, January 5th.  The bus will be going on the 400 side and be in the Vautier area.

  • 03 Apr 2019 5:32 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    We expect temps in the 400 trails area to remain above O C for the rest of the week. There may be a variety of precipitation but the snowpack should maintain itself. The Sunday forecast calls for a warm 10 C, a good April ski/snowshoe day for the year. Bring sunscreen! 

  • 26 Mar 2019 2:05 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    This week we will experience a modest warming trend giving us spring skiing conditions in the Gravenhurst area. For Sunday we expect a mixture of sun and clouds with temps. hovering around O C.

  • 08 Mar 2019 3:08 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    SUNDAY, MARCH 10 -  BUS CANCELLED

    Unfortunately, because the weather doesn't seem to be cooperating with rain in the forecast on Sunday, registrations were low, so the bus will be cancelled. 

    There is still a lot more skiing and snowshoeing to be had, as we still have winter conditions on our trail system with a deep base.  We should easily be skiing/snowshoeing to the end of March, and possibly car pooling in April.

    Still up in March is a possible ski cross-over (depending on conditions) and the Annual BBQ.  Notifications will come later when dates are confirmed.


  • 05 Mar 2019 2:52 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Please pencil Barbie Day into your calendars for the 17th. This is subject to change if a Cross-over Day is declared instead to utilize good ski conditions.  

  • 05 Mar 2019 2:49 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    As temperatures are expected to remain stable this week under 0 C, it is expected that consolidated snow will remain good underfoot. The bus will travel to the McCrae area.

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >> 

© 2020 Five Winds Backcountry Ski Club

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software