Bus Updates

Our bus captains will give you the latest info on the Winter Bus, where we are going, and/or snow/weather conditions.

  • 26 Mar 2019 2:05 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    This week we will experience a modest warming trend giving us spring skiing conditions in the Gravenhurst area. For Sunday we expect a mixture of sun and clouds with temps. hovering around O C.

  • 08 Mar 2019 3:08 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)


    Unfortunately, because the weather doesn't seem to be cooperating with rain in the forecast on Sunday, registrations were low, so the bus will be cancelled. 

    There is still a lot more skiing and snowshoeing to be had, as we still have winter conditions on our trail system with a deep base.  We should easily be skiing/snowshoeing to the end of March, and possibly car pooling in April.

    Still up in March is a possible ski cross-over (depending on conditions) and the Annual BBQ.  Notifications will come later when dates are confirmed.

  • 05 Mar 2019 2:52 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Please pencil Barbie Day into your calendars for the 17th. This is subject to change if a Cross-over Day is declared instead to utilize good ski conditions.  

  • 05 Mar 2019 2:49 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    As temperatures are expected to remain stable this week under 0 C, it is expected that consolidated snow will remain good underfoot. The bus will travel to the McCrae area.

  • 27 Feb 2019 1:30 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Last week our ski area had blizzard conditions with up to 100 kilometer per hour winds. We still have a solid base of snow with fresh snow on top, and more to come this week. We will travel to the Gibson area this Sunday and expect to have a mixture of sun and cloud during the day with a temperature of -5 C.

  • 22 Feb 2019 2:12 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    In view of the weather forecast for this weekend, the bus for Sunday, Feb. 24th has been cancelled. 

  • 12 Feb 2019 12:11 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    We will be skiing and snowshoeing around Nine Mile Lake this Sunday. The current storm is expected to provide plenty of snow cover with snow continuing through this week. Sunday is expected to be below 0 and overcast. 

  • 05 Feb 2019 11:30 AM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    The snowpack in the Vautier area is expected to persist despite alternating mild and freezing weather this week. Sunday  will see a mixture of sun and clouds with a temp of -7 forecast. "Icers" or instep/hiking crampons  may be helpful for icy trails.

  • 24 Jan 2019 2:37 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    The weather forecast includes flurries Thursday through Sunday with the temperature forecast of -11 C. Good conditions in the Gibson area anticipated.

  • 24 Jan 2019 12:40 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Location to be determined on January 27th.  Ski and snowshoe groups.

© 2020 Five Winds Backcountry Ski Club

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software